Monday 18 April 2011

nostalgia

Isn't it incredible how a song, smell, or picture can take you back to this one moment in time where you heard the song or you smelt that smell or that picture was taken? You can remember everything about that moment so clearly - but I think it has a sadness to it, as well. That feeling of not being able to re-live that moment.
I know you shouldn't live in the past - but sometimes it's hard not to miss the old days.

I have a few songs that take me back to a particular moment in time.
I know, I know - I've linked you enough videos - but I can't help myself.

So, firstly. There's Panic At The Disco's album 'Pretty Odd'. This album is amazing - when I listen to this album it takes me back to my first stop in Europe - Sweden, with my dad. I remember being on a 4 hour train ride going into Sweden and staring into the scenery - with this album on repeat.



Then there's Tokio Hotel. My cousins in Macedonia loved this band and got me into them while I was over there. Listening to them now reminds me of us screaming out the songs on my cousin's balcony, basically everyday.



Excuse the change of hair colour, hahaha.

And this last song reminds me of when I was in Turkey. It was my last day before I had to fly home. I was listening to my iPod on the toilet and I dropped the iPod in the toilet - ON MY LAST DAY. So frustrating. Anyway - I still remember the song I was listening to before it fell in, hahahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment